Home building trends come and go… but some are trends for a reason. At LaFollette Custom Homes, we’re all for incorporating design trends that make living in your home smarter, easier, and better. That said, we have our own take on this year’s custom home-building trends–and if you’re thinking about building a home this year, consider incorporating some of the following trends into your blueprints!
1) Efficiently placed Laundry: When all of your bedrooms and bathrooms are a long walk from the laundry room, it can be a hassle to bring down dirty clothes, towels, bed linens, and other washables to be laundered. Then, you have to bring everything back to its designated places to put away when the laundry finishes. By smartly placing the laundry room near these spaces–maybe on the second floor if that’s where the majority of the bedrooms are–you guarantee your future self a hassle-free laundry day.
2) Smart Homes: Smart home technology is continuing to advance. Nearly everything in homes nowadays can be connected to the internet and remotely controlled with a mobile device or smart speaker. From your air-conditioner to your thermostat to your lights and garage doors, you can harness the power of technology to make your home smarter. Check out this article to learn more about how to build a smart home.
3) Sustainable Building and Design: Building a sustainable, high-performance home is trendy for a reason–it’s good for the planet and good for your wallet. In particular, energy-efficient homes can help you cut down on pricey utility bills in the long run. Proper planning is the key to successfully building a sustainable home, as sourcing green building materials can require special orders.
4) Multi-purpose rooms: Single-purpose rooms? So 2022. Homes as a whole have become multi-purpose places over the past few years. When we were stuck inside for a bit, we had to get creative with how we used the space we had available. If you were one of the many people who went from working in an office to working remotely or converted an extra room to a gym or play space for your kids, you’re two steps ahead. If you’re thinking about building this year, consider incorporating a multi-purpose room.
5) 3D Walkthroughs: While this one may not be a design trend; it can be a game changer for the planning process. Partnering with LaFollette means gaining access to top-of-the-line virtual reality technology, guaranteed to make you fall in love with your home before you even set foot inside. We’ll work with you to create a digital walkthrough of your custom-designed home, and you’ll take a walkthrough with our digital headset.
Trends aside, building a custom home can be a stressful process. With LaFollette as your partner, you can begin the custom home-building process with confidence! Give us a call at 979-589-8343 or contact us at Info@LFcustomhomes.com for a consultation